Dentist in Eagan, MN
ABOUT YOUR DENTAL INSURANCE
Our office is happy to help you file your insurance to receive the dental benefits that you and your employer are paying premiums for. Dental benefit plans can vary from company to company with different procedures covered or not covered. Insurance companies base the amounts that they will pay toward your dental treatment on restricted fee schedules related to premium payments and geographical location. In other words, your insurance plan will pay only what it allows for each service, regardless of what the actual fee might be. Deductibles and co-payments are typically built in to most plans and their required payment is strictly regulated by state law. Both our office and you as the policy beneficiary can be prosecuted if deductibles and co- payments are not collected. Your Employee Benefits Director can usually help you become familiar with your plan and its restrictions, and our office will assist you in maximizing your benefits.
- Complete your insurance claim forms and submit them to your carrier for you within 24 hours of treatment.
- Use current American Dental Association coding for correct reporting procedures.
- Accept direct payment from your carrier and keep track of balances.
- If necessary, re-file your insurance a second time within a 60 day period.
- To pay fees not covered by your plan at the time of treatment.
- To provide our office with necessary information concerning your insurance coverage to allow correct filing of claims.
- To understand that your plan is a contract between you and your employer and the insurance carrier. Our office will do all we can to facilitate claims payment, but we do not have the power to make your plan pay.
- To pay any account balance not paid by insurance after two billing attempts. We thank you for choosing our office and will do all we can to help you obtain the benefits you deserve.